The mission of Boston Collegiate Charter School is to prepare each student for college. We offer an academically rigorous college preparatory curriculum for students in grades five through twelve. 100% of our graduates have been accepted to college; the majority of them will be the first in their families to complete a college degree.
- 100% of each graduating class has been accepted to college. The class of 2012 as a whole earned close to $3 million in merit scholarships and grants. Over half of the graduates are recipients of the John and Abigail Adams Scholarship. Students will attend such colleges as Boston College, Bowdoin College, Franklin and Marshall College, and Northeastern University, among many others.
- For nine consecutive years, BCCS graduates have posted 100% college acceptance results.
Hundreds of Applications and a Lengthy Waiting List
- 100% of BCCS tenth grade students scored Advanced on the math MCAS exam in 2012, ranking BCCS as first in the state for that test. Furthermore, 100% of BCCS tenth grade students scored Advanced or Proficient on the ELA MCAS exam.
- BCCS is the only public, non-exam school in the state in which 100% of students have passed the tenth grade math MCAS for the past ten years. Moreover, over 99% of BCCS students have passed the English MCAS over the past ten years.
- In comparison to Boston averages, BCCS students consistently score a higher passing percentage on all thirteen exams in all six grades.
Strong Parent Satisfaction and Parental Choice
- The school accepts students by random public lottery and has received an increasing number of applications each year. This year, the school received 724 applications for 72 available seats.
- We currently have a waiting list of over 2,500 students. Our students come from all over Boston, with the majority residing in Dorchester, South Boston, Mattapan, Hyde Park, and Roxbury.
- 98% of responding families are very satisfied or satisfied with our educational program.
- According to our family survey, families choose to send their children to Boston Collegiate for our higher academic standards, our college preparatory mission, and our excellent teachers.
To learn more or to visit our school, please contact Kate Armstrong, Director of Operations.
We want to re-imagine what a school can be. We want to hire the most knowledgeable, the most
stimulating, and the most enthusiastic instructors. We want to show students the miraculous
features of the natural world and the beauty of writing the perfect sentence. We want students
to see not the struggle of the challenge but the pleasure of the struggle…We, as parents,
educators, and community members, want to transfer and infuse the love we have for learning
to the children of Boston. We want to show kids what school and their future can be and not
what it has to be. This is the ethos of our school.
- BCCS Founders, Charter Proposal, 1997