The mission of Boston Collegiate Charter School is to prepare each student for college. We offer an academically rigorous college preparatory curriculum for students in grades five through twelve. 100% of our graduates have been accepted to college; the majority of them will be the first in their families to complete a college degree.
- 100% of each graduating class has been accepted to college. The class of 2016 earned acceptances to such esteemed colleges as Brown University, Dartmouth College, Northeastern University, and Wesleyan University, as well as many campuses of the University of Massachusetts system.
Hundreds of Applications and a Lengthy Waiting List
- 100% of BCCS tenth grade students scored Advanced or Proficient on the ELA MCAS exam in 2016 and 96% of BCCS tenth grade students scored Advanced or Proficient on the Math MCAS exam. Additionally, 100% of BCCS ninth grade students scored Advanced or Proficient on the Physics MCAS exam in 2016.
- In comparison to Boston averages, BCCS students consistently score a higher passing percentage on all standardized exams in all six grades.
- BCCS students outperform the national average on some of the most rigorous Advanced Placement exams, including AP English Literature and Composition (75% of BCCS students earned a qualifying score, compared to 55% nationally) and AP US History (70% of BCCS students vs. 52% nationally).
Strong Parent Satisfaction and Parental Choice
- The school accepts students by random public lottery and has received an increasing number of applications each year. This year, the school received over 950 applications for fewer than 100 available seats.
- We currently have a waiting list of over 2,000 students. Our students come from all over Boston, with the majority residing in Dorchester, South Boston, Mattapan, Hyde Park, and Roxbury.
- 95% of responding families are "very satisfied" or "satisfied" with our educational program, and 97% agree that BCCS teachers are effective.
- According to our family survey, families choose to send their children to Boston Collegiate for our higher academic standards, our college preparatory mission, and our excellent teachers.
To learn more or to visit our school, please contact Amanda Kay Loring, Special Projects and Operations Manager.
We want to re-imagine what a school can be. We want to hire the most knowledgeable, the most
stimulating, and the most enthusiastic instructors. We want to show students the miraculous
features of the natural world and the beauty of writing the perfect sentence. We want students
to see not the struggle of the challenge but the pleasure of the struggle…We, as parents,
educators, and community members, want to transfer and infuse the love we have for learning
to the children of Boston. We want to show kids what school and their future can be and not
what it has to be. This is the ethos of our school.
- BCCS Founders, Charter Proposal, 1997