Last update: May 22, 2020
Assignments for the Week of May 26th to May 29th
Assignments for the Week of May 18th to May 22nd
Instructions for Distance Learning
Below please find a list of recommended resources for students in fifth through twelfth grade organized by department:
- English Language Arts (ELA) Department
- History Department
- Mathematics Department
- Science Department
- World Languages Department
Updated School Contact Lists and Office Hours
Please find detailed information below regarding changes to our instructional plans and importantly, new schedules for students that will go into effect on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- May 6, 2020 – End of Year Senior Events Update
- May 5, 2020 – Letter to AP Students and Families
- April 13, 2020 – Letter to Senior Students and Families
- April 9, 2020 – DESE Letter to Families with Students with Disabilities; Spanish version
- March 30, 2020 – DESE Letter to Families with Disabilities; Spanish version
- March 26, 2020 – Update to Seniors from College Counselors
- March 19, 2020 – Update from School Principals
- March 19, 2020 – A Message for Students/Families Receiving Student Support Services
- March 18, 2020 – Food/Grocery Support Available for BCCS Families
- March 17, 2020 – SAT/ACT Exam Update for 11th Grade Students and Families
- March 16, 2020 – Executive Director Update
- March 16, 2020 – Social and Emotional Support for BCCS Families
- March 13, 2020 – School Closure Additional Details
- March 13, 2020 – School Closure Announcement
The City of Boston in partnership with Project Bread, YMCA of Greater Boston, Boston Centers for Youth and Families, and other community organizations will also be providing free meals to Boston families at various locations and times across the city. These sites are shown in red on this map. More locations may become available. If you need additional food resources, you can contact Project Bread’s Food Source Hotline at (800) 645-8333.
We know that impact of COVID-19 has been tremendous on many. That is why we have set up the BCCS COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund to provide financial support to families and alumni of our community who are facing extreme financial hardship.
Make a Gift of Any Amount Today
Your 100% tax-deductible contribution can be made directly on our website here. Gifts of any amount are much appreciated and will be directly put into the hands of BCCS families and alumni to help meet their basic needs.
Additionally, for the duration of the school closure, a generous BCCS supported has pledged to donate $1,000 each week to our Emergency Relief Fund if the BCCS community can collectively match the same amount. Help us meet this challenge!
Apply for Support
If you are a BCCS family or alumnus seeking financial support from the Fund, please complete this form. If you have questions or need any assistance completing the form, please contact Teresa Rodriguez, Director of Family and Community Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register to receive text updates from the City of Boston by texting BOSCOVID to 99411
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Boston Public Health Commission
- Boston Public School
Prevention and Treatment
- CDC Prevention and Treatment Tips
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Think You Have the Virus? Call your primary care provider or the Mayor’s hotline at 617-534-5050 (toll-free: 1-800-847-0710).
- State Educational Technology Directors Association – More information on offerings that might be helpful.
- Xfinity Hotspots
- Comcast Essentials
- City of Boston Hot Spots
- Emergency Funds for Undocumented Families
- Local COVID-19 Response Efforts
- Massachusetts Cultural Council Individual Relief Fund for Artists and Independent Teaching Artists/Humanists/Scientists
Resources for Young Adults Who are Babysitting
- American Red Cross Babysitter’s Training Handbook
- Resources for Social Distancing with Kids
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Babysitting Basics Guide
- American Red Cross Babysitting Basics Online Course (cost $45)
- American Red Cross Advanced Childcare Training Online Course (cost $45)
- American Red Cross Child and Baby First Aid/CPR/AED Online Course (cost $35)